Explore Our Services
Dental exams are a crucial part of maintaining good oral health. Our Aurora dental team will examine the inside of your mouth for things that can affect your oral and overall health. There are many conditions and signs that our Aurora dentists are trained to detect.
At your initial dental visit, our Aurora dentist will perform a complete dental exam to thoroughly assess the following:
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): Essential tool for detection of decay, tumours, cysts, and bone loss.
- Oral Cancer Screening: The goal of oral cancer screening is to identify mouth cancer early when there is a greater chance for a cure. We check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any early signs of cancer
- Gum disease evaluation: Our Aurora dentist or dental hygienist checks the gums and bones around the teeth for any signs and symptoms of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All teeth and tooth surfaces will be inspected for decay using unique instruments and radiographs.
- Examination of existing restorations: Composite resins, fillings, amalgams, Crowns, etc. Are evaluated to see the state of the restoration.
- Examination of the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ): The dental professional will be looking for altered opening and closing pathways, abnormal sounds, tenderness, and limitations upon opening.
Detecting these conditions early makes them easier and less expensive to treat, which is why our Aurora dental team strongly stresses staying consistent and up-to-date with your regular examination appointments.
Book a dental examination at our Aurora dental office today to ensure that your oral health is well cared for!
Aurora E&E Dentistry
45 Wellington St E, Aurora, ON, Canada, L4G 1H6